64th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Album Of The Year
Justice (Triple Chucks Deluxe)
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 64th GRAMMY Awards
"A lot of people feel pressured by the outside influences, whether it’s your job, whether it’s school. But who says you can’t take care of that stuff and still be young?"
- Born Khalid Robinson on Feb. 11, 1998, in Fort Stewart, Georgia
- Khalid burst onto the scene with his smash-hit debut single, "Location." He self-released the song during his senior year of high school.
- Khalid received his first five career nominations at the 60th GRAMMY Awards: Best New Artist, Best R&B Song ("Location"), and Best Urban Contemporary Album (American Teen), as well as Song Of The Year and Best Music Video for his contribution to Logic's "1-800-273-8255."
- Khalid's singles "Location" and "Young Dumb & Broke" climbed to No. 2 and No. 1, respectively, on the Billboard Hot R&B Songs chart, and both climbed into the Top 40 on the Billboard Hot 100. Logic's "1-800-273-8255," which features Khalid alongside Alessia Cara, hit No. 3 on the Hot 100.
- Khalid's sophomore album, Free Spirit, has been certified platinum by the RIAA, debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top 200 and features the multi-format #1 single "Talk."
- Did you know? During the 2016–2017 school year, Khalid participated in multiple GRAMMY U SoundChecks installments, during which student members of the Recording Academy's college outreach program attended an intimate Q&A session with the singer prior to several of his tour stops around the U.S.
- Khalid was named one of Time’s Most Influential People of 2019.