64th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Gospel Album
Believe For It
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 65th GRAMMY Awards
"Gospel is a living music."
- Born Priscilla Marie Winans on Oct. 8, 1964, in Detroit, Michigan
- CeCe Winans kicked off her solo career in 1995 with her debut album, Alone In His Presence. Her follow-up endeavor, Everlasting Love, featured two Billboard charting singles: "Well Alright" and "Slippin'."
- Winans won her first GRAMMY for 1987 for Best Soul Gospel Performance, Female for "For Always."
- Did you know? Winans has written several books, including a collection of memoirs called On A Positive Note and a devotional titled Throne Room. She also co-authored the book Always Sisters: Becoming The Princess You Were Created To Be with Claire Cloniger.
- In 2012 Winans was among the performers on "We Will Always Love You: A GRAMMY Salute To Whitney Houston," a GRAMMY TV special honoring the life and career of Houston.
- Winans has lent her support to a number of charitable endeavors, including Dress For Success, a nonprofit that empowers women to achieve economic independence.