65th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Song Of The Year
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 65th GRAMMY Awards
"Every day is a new opportunity to reach that goal."
- Born William Leonard Roberts II Jan. 28, 1976, in Clarksdale, Mississippi.
- Rick Ross' 2006 debut studio album, Port Of Miami, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, featuring the singles, "Hustlin'" and "Push It."
- Ross received his first career GRAMMY nomination for 2011 for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration for "I'm On One" with DJ Khaled, Drake and Lil Wayne. He received his first solo nomination at the 55th GRAMMYs for Best Rap Album for his 2012 album, God Forgives, I Don't.
- Ross started his own record label, Maybach Music Group, releasing his own studio albums along with such artists as Meek Mill, Wale, Omarion, and Rockie Fresh.
- Ross joined Common, LL Cool J, Lupe Fiasco, Grand Master Flash, Melle Mel, and Scorpio for a performance of Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five featuring Melle Mel and Duke Bootee's "The Message" on the primetime telecast of "The GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live!! — Countdown To Music's Biggest Night" in November 2011.
- In 2014 Ross opened the doors to his 109-room Miami mansion via his A Big Way charity, giving select youngsters the opportunity to visit and partake in some of the amenities.