65th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Dance/Electronic Recording
Don't Forget My Love
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 65th GRAMMY Nominations
"Art is based on emotion, but being macho is based on ego — the wall protecting that emotion."
- Born Miguel Jontel Pimentel Oct. 23, 1985, in San Pedro, California.
- Miquel's 2007 debut album, All I Want Is You, was a sleeper hit on the strength of such singles as "Sure Thing" and "Quickie." His follow-up album, Kaleidoscope Dream, was a bona fide breakthrough work that landed at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 and contained the multiplatinum single, "Adorn."
- At the 55th GRAMMY Awards in 2013, Miguel teamed with Wiz Khalifa to perform "Adorn," which won Best R&B Song that year, his first career GRAMMY win.
- As a child, Miguel wanted to pursue dance before switching career aspirations at age 13.
- Miguel has donated auction items to help raise money for the GRAMMY Foundation. In 2011 he was spotlighted in an installment of the Homegrown series of intimate concert and interview events held at the GRAMMY Museum at L.A. Live.
All GRAMMY Awards and Nominations for Miguel
Get notified of exciting GRAMMY Award news and upcoming events!
Be the first to find out about GRAMMY nominees, winners, important news, and events