61st Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best R&B Performance
Y O Y
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 64th GRAMMY Awards
"Singers — nothing sounds like you. For better or worse there is only one of you. Don't homogenize your sound by making it just like the next."
- Born Lalah Hathaway on Dec. 16, 1968, in Chicago, Illinois
- Lalah Hathaway's 1990 self-titled debut album peaked in the Top 20 on Billboard's Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart, with her single "Heaven Knows" reaching No. 3 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. Her GRAMMY-winning Lalah Hathaway Live landed at No. 2 on the R&B Albums chart in 2015.
- Hathaway earned her first career GRAMMY for 2013 for Best R&B Performance for "Something" with Snarky Puppy. The following three years she earned Best Traditional R&B Performance GRAMMYs for "Jesus Children" (2014), "Little Ghetto Boy" (2015) and "Angel" (2016).
- Did you know? Hathaway is the daughter of legendary GRAMMY-winning soul singer Donny Hathaway.
- In 2011 Hathaway participated in a panel discussion and gave a special performance at the GRAMMY Museum in honor of the late R&B singer/songwriter Teena Marie.
- Hathaway has mentored students via the Elevate Hope Foundation, an organization dedicated to providing abused and abandoned children an alternative method of therapy through music and the arts.