57th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Pop Vocal Album
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 65th GRAMMY Awards
"I want to be a firework, both living and dead."
- Born Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson on Oct. 25, 1984, in Santa Barbara, California
- In 2008 Perry's breakout single, "I Kissed A Girl," soared to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, topping the chart for seven weeks. Her major label debut, One Of The Boys, hit No. 9 on the Billboard 200.
- At the 51st GRAMMY Awards, Perry earned her first GRAMMY nomination for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance for "I Kissed A Girl." That same year, she performed the hit during her GRAMMY stage debut.
- Did you know? In 2008 Perry made a guest appearance as herself on an episode of the soap opera "The Young And The Restless."
- Perry sang the Beatles' classic "Yesterday" at "The Night That Changed America: A GRAMMY Salute To The Beatles," a 2014 TV special that celebrated the 50th anniversary of the group's first appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show."
- In 2016 UNICEF awarded Perry the Audrey Hepburn Humanitarian Award for her work as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in support of improving the lives of vulnerable children and adolescents.