66th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Melodic Rap Performance
All My Life
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 66th GRAMMY Awards
"I feel like the reason people feel like they know me is because I'm giving you myself in the music."
- Born Jermaine Lamarr Cole on Jan. 28, 1985, in Frankfurt, West Germany
- Cole's first major label release, Cole World: The Sideline Story, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200. The album featured the Hot Rap Songs chart hits "Nobody's Perfect" with Missy Elliott, "Work Out" and "Can't Get Enough" featuring Trey Songz.
- Cole received his first GRAMMY nomination for Best New Artist at the 54th GRAMMY Awards.
- Did you know? Prior to becoming a recording artist, Cole once worked a part-time job as a costumed kangaroo mascot for a skating rink in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
- J. Cole founded the Dreamville Foundation in 2011 to help disadvantaged urban youth, particularly in his childhood community of Fayetteville.