51st Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Dance Recording
Give It 2 Me
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 65th GRAMMY Awards
"I just always considered myself to be different and able to explore whatever I wanted."
- Born on February 24, 1974 in Portsmouth, Virginia
- Making music with Virginia Beach classmate Pharrell Williams through high school, Hugo landed his first credit on Blackstreet's 1994 self-titled album. A multi-instrumentalist producer, Hugo was credited for production, songwriting and saxophone on the album.
- Working with Williams as the Neptunes, the pair received their first nominations at the 45th GRAMMY Awards under Nellyville's Album Of The Year nom. The duo produced and co-wrote the track "Hot in Herre." The following year at the 46th GRAMMY Awards, the Neptunes won Producer Of The Year, Non-Classical together and won Best Pop Vocal Album for their work on Justin Timberlake's Justified.
- Hugo and Williams' N.E.R.D. bandmate Shay Haley also played with them in Hugo's family garage during the trio's high school years.
- Hugo has helped raise funds for many charitable organizations including the William J. Clinton Foundation and VH1 Save the Music Foundation.
- In 2018 Hugo was featured as part of the Recording Academy's "We Are Music," campaign, which was designed to showcase the creators the Academy represents.
Chad Hugo News
All GRAMMY Awards and Nominations for Chad Hugo
Get notified of exciting GRAMMY Award news and upcoming events!
Be the first to find out about GRAMMY nominees, winners, important news, and events