64th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Record Of The Year
Leave The Door Open
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 65th GRAMMY Awards
"It's just all love. That's what music is. That's why music was created. To make people feel good, to uplift people." — Bruno Mars
- Born Peter Gene Hernandez on Oct. 8, 1985, in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Mars received his first eight career GRAMMY nominations for 2010, including nods for Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year and Producer Of The Year, Non-Classical. He took home his first GRAMMY win that year for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for "Just The Way You Are."
- He made his GRAMMY stage debut at the 53rd GRAMMY Awards in 2011, performing a medley that included his hit "Grenade" with B.o.B. and Janelle Monaé.
- Mars got his start in entertainment at 4 years old as an Elvis Presley impersonator for his father and uncle's Hawaiian variety show.
- In 2014 Mars donated $100,000 to victims of Typhoon Yolanda in the Philippines.