BJ The Chicago Kid
64th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Traditional R&B Performance
Bring It On Home To Me
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 65th GRAMMY Nominations
"There's no unicorns that pop out the ceiling and no glitter that pops out of my pocket. It's just regular people in the studio doing what we do."
- Born Bryan James Sledge on Nov. 23, 1984, in Chicago, Illinois
- BJ The Chicago Kid's major label debut, 2016's In My Mind, reached No. 43 on the Billboard 200 and No. 7 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.
- He scored his first career GRAMMY nomination for 2014 for Best Rap Sung Collaboration for "Studio" with Schoolboy Q.
- Did you know? BJ The Chicago Kid was featured on Kanye West's 2006 single "Impossible."
- In 2016 he was the featured guest at the Recording Academy Chicago Chapter's "Art Of The Craft" event.
- BJ The Chicago Kid performed at the 2016 "Celebration of Giving" Benefit Gala in Chicago. The event benefited the Callahan Foundation, which supports youth preparing to attend college and to provide them with contemporary role models
BJ The Chicago Kid News
All GRAMMY Awards and Nominations for BJ The Chicago Kid
Get notified of exciting GRAMMY Award news and upcoming events!
Be the first to find out about GRAMMY nominees, winners, important news, and events