65th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Album Of The Year
Good Morning Gorgeous (Deluxe)
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 65th GRAMMY Awards
"After I came out of my little incubation I promised that I would pay attention to detail. … I want to make sure that dot is always there to remind me and to remind others."
- Born Brandon Paak Anderson on Feb. 8, 1986, in Oxnard, California
- While his 2014 debut album, Venice, earned him a spot on Rolling Stone's 10 Artists You Need To Know list, Anderson .Paak broke through with 2016's Malibu, which reached No. 5 on Billboard's R&B Albums chart.
- .Paak earned his first two career GRAMMY nominations for Best New Artist and Best Urban Contemporary Album for Malibu at the 59th GRAMMY Awards. That year he made his GRAMMY stage debut, performing a medley alongside A Tribe Called Quest, Consequence and Busta Rhymes.
- A drummer, .Paak started playing the instrument in earnest at a church in his hometown of Oxnard when he was 11 years old.
- For the 59th GRAMMY Awards' Believe in Music campaign, Anderson .Paak teamed with the Recording Academy to create a short film celebrating music through a gospel choir and a congregation of joyful churchgoers.