65th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Gospel Album
All Things New
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 65th GRAMMY Awards
"For me, I just do what I'm called to do, the way that I'm called to do it."
- Born Tyrone Tribbett on Jan. 26, 1976 in Camden, New Jersey
- Tye Tribbett first made a name for himself leading the gospel group G.A. (Greater Anointing). After recording three albums with the group, Tribbett launched a solo career, and his sophomore solo effort, 2013's Greater Than, spawned the hit "If He Did It Before (Same God)."
- Tribbett won his for first career GRAMMYs for 2013 for Best Gospel Song ("He Did It Before [Same God]") and Best Gospel Album (Greater Than).
- Before launching his gospel career, Tribbett toured and recorded as a background vocalist with such artists as Faith Hill, Will Smith, Usher, Don Henley, Justin Timberlake, and Sting.
- In celebration of the 30th Chicago Gospel Music Festival, Tribbett joined The Recording Academy to participate in an episode of the Up Close & Personal interview series alongside singer/songwriter Kem, in a conversation moderated by Anita Wilson.
- Tribbett has made personal appearances in support of the Make A Wish Foundation. In 2015 he organized the Hate Won’t Win benefit concert to support charities working with survivors and families of the victims of the mass shooting in Charleston, South Carolina.