52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Country Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 64th GRAMMY Awards
"If you are brave enough to be yourself, I think that is a huge risk and should be applauded." — Jennifer Nettles
- Members: Jennifer Nettles, Kristian Bush
- Formed in 2002 in Atlanta, Georgia
- In 2004 Sugarland's debut single, "Baby Girl," climbed to No. 2 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, and peaked at No. 38 on the Billboard Hot 100. The group scored their first No. 1 album with 2008's Love On The Inside.
- Sugarland won their first GRAMMY for 2008 for Best Country Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals for "Stay." The duo made their GRAMMY stage debut at the 46th GRAMMY Awards in 2006, performing "Something More."
- With a run of 46 weeks on the country singles chart, Sugarland's "Baby Girl" set a record for the longest chart run since the implementation of Nielsen SoundScan in 1990.
- In 2008 Sugarland participated in an installment of the GRAMMY U SoundChecks series in Atlanta. Kristian Bush and Jennifer Nettles held a question-and-answer session and performed live.
- In 2011 Sugarland donated concert tickets and VIP experiences to the MusiCares 20th Anniversary campaign, with all proceeds benefiting the work of MusiCares.