60th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Latin Pop Album
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 65th GRAMMY Awards
"In this life, to earn your place you have to fight for it."
- Born Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripol on Feb. 2, 1977, in Barranquilla, Colombia
- Shakira's first breakthrough was her English-language crossover album, 2001's Laundry Service, which yielded her first Top 10 hit with "Whenever, Wherever" (No. 6).
- Shakira won her first career GRAMMY for 2000 for Best Latin Pop Album for MTV Unplugged. She performed her No. 1 hit "Hips Don't Lie" with Wyclef Jean at the 49th Annual GRAMMY Awards in 2007.
- Did you know? In 2014 Shakira was named the 58th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes magazine.
- Shakira was named Latin Recording Academy Person of the Year in 2011. A major portion of the net proceeds from the gala benefited Shakira's Pies Descalzos Foundation, which aims to help poor and impoverished children in Colombia.