59th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Rap Album
Blank Face LP
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 64th GRAMMY Awards
"You've got to be like a fan at your show, just wild out. I make eye contact. I get in the crowd and kick it with 'em, stage dive, mosh. I make 'em laugh. I go out there and turn up, have fun."
- Born Quincy Matthew Hanley on Oct. 26, 1986, in Wiesbaden, Germany
- Emerging from the fertile South Central Los Angeles breeding ground for rap icons, ScHoolboy Q's 2014's Oxymoron debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, with "Collard Greens," "Man Of The Year" and "Studio" all charting on the Billboard Hot 100.
- ScHoolboy Q earned his first two GRAMMY nominations for 2013 as a featured artist on Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' Album Of The Year nominee The Heist. He earned two nominations apiece on his own for 2014 and 2016, including Best Rap Album both years for Oxymoron and for Blank Face LP, respectively.
- ScHoolboy Q was part of the influential group Black Hippy collective with his Top Dawg Entertainment labelmates Kendrick Lamar, Jay Rock and Ab-Soul.
- ScHoolboy Q joined with Creative Revolution Union to perform a benefit concert in Atlanta in 2012, collecting more than 500 canned goods and nearly $1,000 for Hosea Williams Feed the Hungry and Homeless.