57th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Pop Solo Performance
Stay With Me (Darkchild Version)
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 64th GRAMMY Awards
"I didn't become successful until I became myself."
- Born Samuel Frederick Smith on May 19, 1992, in London, England
- Sam Smith was first introduced to the world on Disclosure's Top 10 hit "Latch" in 2012. Smith's 2014 debut studio album, In The Lonely Hour, provided the impetus for his U.S. success, with both the album and the third single released, "Stay with Me," reaching No. 2 on the charts.
- Smith earned his first GRAMMY wins for 2014, including Record and Song Of The Year for "Stay With Me (Darkchild Version)." He made his GRAMMY performance debut the same year when he performed "Stay with Me" which he performed on the 57th GRAMMY Awards telecast with Mary J. Blige.
- Did you know? Smith co-wrote "Writing's On The Wall," which became the theme song to the 2015 James Bond film Spectre.
- In 2014 Smith donated a meet-and-greet experience to GRAMMY Charity Online Auctions to raise money for the GRAMMY Museum Foundation and MusiCares and their critical educational and health and human services missions.
- Sam Smith and John Legend teamed up for a version of his song "Lay Me Down" as the theme song to U.K.-based charity Comic Relief's Red Nose Day with all proceeds going to aid people living amid poverty and social injustice in England and Africa.