59th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Song Of The Year
I Took A Pill In Ibiza
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 64th GRAMMY Awards
"I try to tell the truth in my lyrics; write good melodies and make hard beats. So, basically, I just combine hip-hop with melody."
- Born Michael Robert Henrion on Feb. 12, 1988, in Detroit, Michigan
- The remix of Posner's single, "I Took A Pill In Ibiza," from his second album, At Night. Alone., peaked in the Top 10 in 27 countries around the world, including No. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Posner was nominated for Song Of The Year for "I Took A Pill In Ibiza" at the 59th GRAMMY Awards in 2017, marking his first career nomination.
- Did you know? Posner has co-written songs and collaborated with artists such as Maroon 5, Justin Bieber, Talib Kweli, Pharrell Williams, Big Sean, Wiz Khalifa, Snoop Dogg, Avicii, and Austin Mahone.
- He participated in an installment of The Drop at the GRAMMY Museum in 2016, discussing his At Night, Alone. album and performing his hit "I Took A Pill In Ibiza."
- In 2015 the singer/songwriter issued a special limited-edition charity sweatshirt that raised for MusiCares, The Recording Academy's health and human services charity.