Juan Luis Guerra
62nd Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Tropical Latin Album
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 66th GRAMMY Awards
"I always seek excellence and do everything I can to achieve that."
- Born Juan Luis Guerra Seijas on June 7, 1957, in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- The singer/songwriter's fifth studio album with his group 4.40 Bachata Rosa became an international hit and went to No. 1 on Billboard's Tropical Albums chart.
- Guerra won his first GRAMMY for Best Tropical Latin Album for Bachata Rosa at the 34th GRAMMY Awards.
- Did you know? The Dominican singer/songwriter won two Latin GRAMMYs at the inaugural Latin GRAMMY Awards in 2000, including Merengue Performance for Ni Es Lo Mismo Ni Es Igual.
- The Latin GRAMMY Cultural Foundation presents an annual scholarship in Guerra's name, which provides financial assistance to exceptional Latin music students with financial needs who wish to attend Berklee College of Music.
- Guerra helped establish the Juan Luis Guerra Foundation, in partnership with the Robert Reid Cabral Children's Hospital in Santo Domingo, to help children in the Dominican Republic who are suffering from burns and hydrocephaly.