57th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Record Of The Year
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 64th GRAMMY Awards
"I naturally want to be provocative."
- Born Amythest Amelia Kelly June 7, 1990, in Sydney, Australia
- Iggy Azalea went viral in 2011 with the song "Pu$$y," which she uploaded to YouTube. The song's reception helped build anticipation for the rapper's first major label album, The New Classic, which debuted in the Top 5 of several global charts and produced five singles, including her No. 1 hit "Fancy."
- Azalea secured her first career GRAMMY nominations for 2014, including for Record Of The Year and Best New Artist. The song "Fancy" was also nominated for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, and her album The New Classic competed for Best Rap Album.
- Azalea's stage name comes from her former dog Iggy and her childhood home on Azalea Street.
- Azalea and Sam Smith headlined the Lifebeat — Music Fights HIV/AIDS charity concert in 2014.