A Great Big World
57th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 64th GRAMMY Awards
"It's a great big world, but at the same time, it's really not that big, and the whole reason we're putting out this music is to connect with people. That's part of the human occasion." – Ian Axel
- Members: Ian Axel, Chad King
- Formed in 2011 in New York City
- In 2011 the duo's song "This Is The New Year" was licensed to various television shows and was performed by the cast of "Glee" during an episode of the show. The song broke onto the Billboard Mainstream Top 40 chart in 2013.
- The duo won their first GRAMMY for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for "Say Something" (featuring Christina Aguilera) at the 57th GRAMMY Awards.
- Did you know? In addition to playing the piano, Ian Axel is an accomplished ukulele player.
In 2015 the band performed at the Second Annual Keys + Kids Program and announced a piano grant for K-12 public schools. They have also supported VH1's Save The Music Foundation.