66th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Dance/Electronic Music Album
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 65th GRAMMY Awards
"I'm not living in the past, I'm living in the now and having fun with it."
- Born Joel Thomas Zimmerman Jan. 5, 1981, in Niagara Falls, Ontario
- "Move for Me," Deadmau5's collaborative single with Kaskade, went to No. 1 on Billboard's Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart in 2008. Random Album Title, released that same year, was certified gold in the DJ's native Canada and hit No. 13 on Billboard's Top Dance/Electronic Albums chart.
- Deadmau5 earned his first career GRAMMY nomination for 2008 for Best Remixed Recording for "The Longest Road (Deadmau5 Remix)." He made his GRAMMY stage debut with Foo Fighters, Lil Wayne and David Guetta during a tribute to electronic music at the 54th GRAMMY Awards in 2012.
- The DJ incorporated lyrics from a fan's tweet into his song "The Veldt," which Rolling Stone named one of the 50 best songs of 2012.
- In 2016 Deadmau5 partnered with Urban Fitness 911 for a festival VIP package contest to raise funds for the organization's mission of addressing the disparity of academic skills, health and fitness among teenagers in low income communities.