56th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Dance/Electronica Album
Random Access Memories
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 65th GRAMMY Awards
"The spirit of house music, electronic music, in the beginning was to break the rules, to do things in many different ways." — Thomas Bangalter
- Members: Thomas Bangalter, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo
- Formed in 1993 in Paris, France
- Daft Punk scored their first Billboard 200 No. 1 album with 2013's Random Access Memories, with the track "Get Lucky," featuring Pharrell Williams, reaching No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Daft Punk earned their first GRAMMY nomination for 1997 for Best Dance Recording for "Da Funk." They notched their first win for Best Dance Recording for "Harder Better Faster Stronger" for 2008.
- Did you know? Bangalter and de Homem-Christo met at a Paris school in 1987. Prior to Daft Punk, they formed an indie rock band named Darling.