Carly Rae Jepsen
55th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Pop Solo Performance
Call Me Maybe
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 64th GRAMMY Awards
"I love being onstage, I love traveling and getting to see the world through music this way, but nothing beats just kind of being locked up in a studio and writing a song."
- Born on Nov. 21, 1985, in Mission, British Columbia
- Jepsen scored a massive hit in 2012 when fellow Canadian singer Justin Bieber tweeted about her song "Call Me Maybe" to his legions of fans. The song spent nine weeks at No. 1 on Billboard's Hot 100 chart and vaulted Jepsen into the worldwide spotlight. Her major label debut album, 2012's Kiss, reached No. 6 on the Billboard 200.
- "Call Me Maybe" earned Jepsen two GRAMMY nominations for 2012 for Song Of The Year and Best Pop Solo Performance.
- Jepsen placed third on "Canadian Idol" in 2007.
- In 2013 Jepsen participated in GRAMMY Camp — SoundCheck program in Nashville, during which she discussed topics such as songwriting and touring with local high school students.