65th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Album Of The Year
Good Morning Gorgeous (Deluxe)
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 65th GRAMMY Awards
"There's no wrong way of doing art. It's an expression of the individual."
- Born Kasseem Dean on Aug. 30, 1978 in New York City
- Having moved to Atlanta where some of his family worked with Ruff Ryders Entertainment, Swizz Beatz started to DJ and produce, selling his first-ever beat to DMX for "Ruff Ryders' Anthem."
- First nominated with Jay-Z two years before, the pair won Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group at the 53rd GRAMMY Awards for 2009's "On To The Next One."
- In 2018 the couple Swizz Beatz and Alicia Keys received P&E Wing honors for their contributions to music.
- He was the first Global Ambassador for New York City's Health and Hospitals Corporation, has performed fundraisers for many groups including American Cancer Society, Boost Mobile RockCorps as well as for the Bronx Charter School for the Arts, and he is active with the HIV/AIDS charity that Keys co-founded, Keep A Child Alive.
- In 2018 Swizz Beatz was featured as part of the Recording Academy's "We Are Music," campaign, which was designed to showcase the creators the Academy represents.