57th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Song Of The Year
Take Me To Church
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 64th GRAMMY Awards
"Art and music are the vehicle for the zeitgeist."
- Born March 17, 1990, in Bray, Ireland
- Hozier scored a global Top 10 single with "Take Me To Church," the first single from his self-titled debut album. The song was certified five-times platinum in the United States, while Hozier has sold more than 1 million copies.
- Hozier was nominated for Song Of The Year for 2014 at the 57th GRAMMY Awards. At the ceremony, he made his GRAMMY stage debut, performing "Take Me To Church" and "I Put a Spell On You" with Annie Lennox.
- Hozier tweeted out his phone number the day he released his first album. He spoke to a handful of lucky fans, but had to get a new phone after a receiving an influx of text messages.
- The singer donated the proceeds from his single "Cherry Wine" to a handful of charities fighting domestic abuse.