59th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Rap Performance
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 65th GRAMMY Awards
"I wanna be a better person, I wanna be a better man, a better friend, all of the above. So to do that you’ve gotta do better things, you’ve gotta surround yourself with better people."
- Born Tauheed Epps Sept. 12, 1977, in College Park, Georgia.
- 2 Chainz' 2012 album, Based On A T.R.U. Story, landed at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, and was nominated for Best Rap Album at the 55th GRAMMY Awards.
- 2 Chainz won his first career GRAMMY at the 59th GRAMMYs for Best Rap Performance for his contribution to Chance The Rapper's "No Problem."
- 2 Chainz got his start as member of Atlanta-based rap duo Playaz Circle with his high school friend Dolla Boy after rapper Ludacris — still early on in his own career at that point — moved into their apartment complex and took an interest in their sound.
- In 2012 2 Chainz helped launch the TRU Foundation, an organization dedicated to promoting balanced, respectful and enriched relationships and to create life-changing moments and help build a positive outcome for younger generations.