66th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Score Soundtrack For Visual Media (Includes Film And Television)
Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 65th GRAMMY Awards
"Any working composer or painter or sculptor will tell you that inspiration comes at the eighth hour of labor rather than as a bolt out of the blue."
- Born John Towner Williams on Feb. 8, 1932, Floral Park, New York
- John Williams has composed music for some of the most successful film franchises in cinema history, including Star Wars, Jaws, Jurassic Park, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, Schindler's List, and Harry Potter.
- Williams earned his first career GRAMMY for 1975 for Album Of Best Original Score Written For A Motion Picture Or A Television Special for Jaws. More than a decade prior, Williams earned his first career nomination for 1961 for Best Sound Track Album Or Recording Of Score From Motion Picture Or Television for "Checkmate," a CBS television series.
- As part of a film music medley, Williams conducted the Star Wars main theme on the 41st GRAMMY Awards in 1999.
- Williams served in the U.S. Air Force. In addition to his assignments, he conducted and arranged music for the U.S. Air Force band.
- Williams is an ardent supporter of the Young Musicians Foundation, an organization dedicated to providing young musicians with access to exceptional musical education.