Welcome to our website located at www.grammy.com (the "Site"). The Site and mobile applications related to the Site (the "Applications") are provided by National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences, Inc. ("we," "us," "our," and “Recording Academy”) and allow you to:
(a) participate in interactive features that we may make available from time to time; or
(b) simply view the Site.
Regardless of how you use the Site or the Applications, your conduct when you use the Site or the Applications is governed by this Agreement.
1. Updates to this Agreement. We may modify this Agreement from time to time. We will notify you of material changes to this Agreement by posting the amended terms on the Site at least thirty (30) days before the effective date of the changes. If you do not agree with the proposed changes, you should discontinue your use of the Site. If you continue using the Site after the new terms take effect, you will be bound by the modified Agreement. If you are a user of one of the Applications, you will be asked to affirmatively accept the new terms in order to continue using the Application.
3. Affirmative Representations Regarding Your Use of the Site and the Applications. When you use the Site and the Applications, you represent that: (a) the information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) your use of the Site and the Applications and your use of services available on the Site and the Applications do not violate any applicable law or regulation; (c) you are 13 years of age or older; (d) you will comply with the rules for online conduct and making Contributions (as defined in Section 5 below) to the Site and the Applications, as discussed in Section 5 below, (e) you are of sufficient legal age or otherwise have legal capacity to legally enter into this Agreement, and (f) you will use the Site and the Applications in compliance with applicable law.
4. Member Accounts and Registration.
4.1 Member Applications. You can visit and browse the Site and Applications without becoming a registered member of the Site and Applications, but you will not be able to access the interactive features of the Site and Applications unless you are a registered member of the Site and Applications. You can apply to become a registered member of the Site by completing the registration process at https://www.grammy.com/recording-academy/membership/join. However, applying to become a member of the Site does not mean that you will automatically become a member. Membership is limited to individuals who are creative and technical professionals in the recording industry, or students who desire to work in the recording industry following graduation, and is granted in the Recording Academy’s sole discretion. If you choose to apply to become a registered member of the Site, you agree: (a) to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Site’s registration form (the “Registration Data”); (b) to maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete; and (c) not to use the name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person or in a way that otherwise causes confusion as to the origin of your account. In addition, you represent that you have not accepted or agreed to accept any consideration for your votes in all Recording Academy matters, as applicable. All member applications are subject to approval and acceptance by the Recording Academy. Membership to the Site can be granted, withheld, suspended, delayed or terminated by the Recording Academy if it determines that doing so is in the best interests of the Recording Academy, as determined in its sole and absolute discretion.
4.2 Member Accounts. If the Recording Academy accepts your membership application, you will be required to create a user I.D. and password that will be associated with your member account. You may not: (a) select or use as a user I.D. a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; (b) use as a user I.D. a name subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization; or (c) use as a user I.D. a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene. We reserve the right to refuse registration of, or to cancel, a user I.D., in our sole discretion. You shall bear responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user I.D. and password. As part of your member account, you will be able to create a user profile, and, depending on your account settings, link to content, including audio and video content, and upload photographs.
5. Rules Governing User Contributions; Prohibited Activities
5.1 User Contributions. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, any links to content, photographs or submissions that you post to the Site and the Applications (collectively, "Contributions"). When you create or make available a Contribution, you represent and warrant that you:
(a) own or have sufficient rights to post your Contributions on or through the Site and the Applications;
(b) will not post Contributions that violate our or any other person's privacy rights, publicity rights, intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyrights) or contract rights;
(c) have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to Contributions and shall pay all royalties, fees and any other monies required to be paid in connection with Contributions that you post to or through the Site and the Applications;
(d) will not post Contributions that: (i) are defamatory, damaging, disruptive, unlawful, inappropriate, offensive, inaccurate, pornographic, vulgar, indecent, profane, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, threatening, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable; (ii) incite, encourage or threaten immediate physical harm against another, including but not limited to, Contributions that promote racism, bigotry, sexism, religious intolerance or harm against any group or individual; or (iii) contain material that solicits personal information from anyone under 13 or exploits anyone in a sexual or violent manner;
(e) will not post Contributions that contain advertisements or solicit any person to buy or sell products or services (other than our products and services); and
(f) will not post Contributions that constitute, contain, install or attempt to install or promote spyware, malware or other computer code, whether on our or others' computers or equipment, designated to enable you or others to gather information about or monitor the on-line or other activities of another party.
5.2 Prohibited Activities. In addition to the obligations described in Section 5.1, you agree that you, in connection with your use of the Site and the Applications, will not:
(a) use the Site or the Applications for any unauthorized purpose including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of other users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or other electronic communications, or engaging in unauthorized framing of, or linking to, the Site without our express written consent;
(b) transmit chain letters, bulk or junk email or interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the Applications or the networks or services connected to the Site or the Applications, including without limitation, hacking into the Site or the Applications, or using the system to send unsolicited or commercial emails, bulletins, comments or other communications;
(c) impersonate any other person or entity, sell or let others use your profile or password, provide false or misleading identification or address information, or invade the privacy, or violate the personal or proprietary right, of any person or entity;
(d) post jobs for modeling or talent or talent scouting positions on the Site or through the Applications;
(e) post on the Site or through the Applications any franchise, pyramid scheme, "club membership," distributorship or sales representative agency arrangement or other business opportunity which requires an up-front or periodic payment, pays commissions only (except for postings that make clear that the available job pays commission only and clearly describes the product or service that the job seeker would be selling, in which case these types of postings are permissible), or requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents;
(f) decompile, disassemble, modify, translate, adapt, reverse engineer, create derivative works from or sublicense the Site or the Applications, or any portion thereof; or
(g) circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Site or the Applications or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Materials (as defined in Section 7) or enforce limitations on use of the Site or the Applications or the Materials on the Site or the Applications.
5.3 Additional Terms Applicable to the GRAMMY Awards Balloting Process. Additional terms will apply to Contributions you submit on or through the Site in connection with releases that have been accepted as official entries in the GRAMMY Awards balloting process. These additional terms are located at http://www.grammypro.com/fyc-guidelines.
6. Rights in Contributions
6.1 Ownership of Contributions. We do not claim any ownership rights in the Contributions that you post on or through the Site or the Applications. After posting your Contributions on the Site or the Applications, you continue to retain any rights you may have in your Contributions, including any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Contributions, subject to the license you grant to us below.
6.2 Grant of License to Us for Contributions. We need a license from you so that we can use your Contributions on the Site or the Applications or elsewhere. By making a Contribution to the Site or to an Application, you grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive (meaning you are free to license your Contribution to anyone else in addition to us), fully-paid, royalty-free (meaning that we are not required to pay you to use your Contribution), sublicensable (so that we can use affiliates, subcontractors and other partners such as wireless carriers and hosted service providers to make the Site or the Applications available to you) and worldwide (because the Internet, the Site and the Applications are global in reach) license to use, modify, create derivative works of, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and distribute the Contribution in connection with the Site or the Applications, our business or the promotion thereof in any media formats and through any media channels now known or hereafter devised. This license does not grant us the right to sell your Contributions. If you remove your Contributions from the Site or the Applications, we will cease use of your Contributions as soon as practicable; however, you understand and agree that we may retain archived copies of your Contributions.
7. Our Intellectual Property Rights. All of the content on the Site and the Applications ("Materials") and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained on the Site and the Applications, are owned by or licensed to us and are subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions. The Site, the Applications and the Materials are for your information and personal use only and not for commercial exploitation. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Site, the Applications and the Materials. If you download or print a copy of the Materials for your own personal use, you must retain all trademark, copyright and other proprietary notices contained in and on the Materials. You further agree not to access the Site or the Applications by any means other than through the interface that we provide, unless otherwise specifically authorized by us in a separate written agreement.
8. Our Management of the Site and the Applications; User Misconduct
8.1 Our Right to Manage the Site and the Applications. We reserve the right, but do not undertake the obligation to:
(a) monitor or review the Site and the Applications for violations of this Agreement and for compliance with our policies;
(b) report to law enforcement authorities and/or take legal action against anyone who violates this Agreement;
(c) refuse, restrict access to or the availability of, or remove or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any Contribution or any portion thereof that may violate this Agreement, the law or any of our policies or are excessive in size or burdensome without prior notice to you;
(d) manage the Site and the Applications in a manner designed to protect our and third parties' rights and property or to facilitate the proper functioning of the Site and the Applications;
(e) screen our users or members, or attempt to verify the statements of our users or members and/or
(f) monitor disputes between you and other users or to termination or block you and other users for violations of this Agreement.
8.2 Our Right to Terminate Users. WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY, DENY ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE AND THE APPLICATIONS TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON AT ALL, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR COVENANT CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, OR OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION.
9. Your Interaction with Other Users. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Site and the Applications. Please note that there are risks, including but not limited to the risk of physical harm, that may arise when dealing with strangers, including persons who may be acting under false pretenses. Please choose carefully the information you post on the Site or through the Applications and that you give to other users of the Site or the Applications. You are discouraged from publicly posting the following information on the Site or through the Applications: your full name, telephone numbers and street addresses. Information posted to the Site or through the Applications by other users of the Site or the Applications may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate, and in some cases may be mislabeled or deceptively labeled. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through the Site or the Applications. We expect that you will use caution and common sense when using the Site and the Applications.
10. Term Survival
10.1 Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Site or the Applications. You may terminate your use or participation at any time, for any reason, by ceasing to use the Site and the Applications. We may also, in our sole discretion, limit, suspend, or terminate the Site or the Applications or prohibit access to them.
10.2 Survival. Even after you cease using the Site or following termination, the provisions of this Agreement set forth in Sections 6.2, 7, 14, 16 and 17 will remain in effect.
11. Copyright Policy. As an organization of creators, the Recording Academy considers the protection of copyright of utmost importance. In addition to following the provisions of the DMCA, we may terminate the account and access rights of any repeat infringer in appropriate circumstances. If you are a copyright owner or the legal agent of a copyright owner, and you believe that any user submission or Materials on the Site or the Applications infringe upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to our Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy http://www.grammypro.com/copyright.
13. Legal Disputes and Arbitration Agreement
Please Read This Following Clause Carefully – It May Significantly Affect Your Legal Rights, Including Your Right to File a Lawsuit in Court
13.1 Initial Dispute Resolution. We are available by phone at 310-392-3777 (please request Business Affairs) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to address any concerns you may have regarding your use of the Site. Most concerns may be quickly resolved in this manner. The parties shall use their best efforts to settle any dispute, claim, question, or disagreement directly through consultation and good faith negotiations which shall be a precondition to either party initiating a lawsuit or arbitration.
13.2 Agreement to Binding Arbitration. If the parties do not reach an agreed upon solution within a period of thirty (30) days from the time informal dispute resolution is pursued pursuant to section 13.1 above, then either party may initiate binding arbitration. All claims arising out of or relating to this agreement (including its formation, performance and breach), the parties’ relationship with each other and/or your use of the Site shall be finally settled by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with the provisions of its Commercial Arbitration Rules and the supplementary procedures for consumer related disputes of the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”), excluding any rules or procedures governing or permitting class actions. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state or local court or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve all disputes arising out of or relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of this agreement, including, but not limited to any claim that all or any part of this agreement is void or voidable. The arbitrator shall be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in a court under law or in equity. The arbitrator’s award shall be binding on the parties and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. The interpretation and enforcement of this agreement shall be subject to the Federal Arbitration Act.
The AAA’s rules governing the arbitration may be accessed at www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1.800.778.7879. To the extent the filing fee for the arbitration exceeds the cost of filing a lawsuit, we will pay the additional cost. A request for payment of fees should be submitted to AAA along with your form for initiating the arbitration, and we will make arrangements to pay all necessary fees directly to AAA. If the arbitrator finds the arbitration to be non-frivolous, we will pay all of the actual filing and arbitrator fees for the arbitration, provided your claim does not exceed $75,000. The arbitration rules also permit you to recover attorney’s fees in certain circumstances.
The parties understand that, absent this mandatory provision, they would have the right to sue in court and have a jury trial. They further understand that, in some instances, the costs of arbitration could exceed the costs of litigation and the right to discovery may be more limited in arbitration than in court.
13.3 Class Action and Class Arbitration Waiver. The parties further agree that any arbitration shall be conducted in their individual capacities only and not as a class action or other representative action, and the parties expressly waive their right to file a class action or seek relief on a class basis. If any court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver set forth in this paragraph is void or unenforceable for any reason or that an arbitration can proceed on a class basis, then the arbitration provision set forth above in section 13.2 shall be deemed null and void in its entirety and the parties shall be deemed to have not agreed to arbitrate disputes.
13.4 Exception - Small Claims Court Claims. Notwithstanding the parties’ agreement to resolve all disputes through arbitration, either party may seek relief in a small claims court for disputes or claims within the scope of that court's jurisdiction.
13.5 30 Day Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt-out and not be bound by the arbitration and class action waiver provisions set forth in sections 13.2, 13.3, and 13.4 by sending written notice of your decision to opt-out to the following address: email@example.com or by fax to 310-581-8795. The notice must be sent within thirty (30) days of registering to use the Site, otherwise you shall be bound to arbitrate disputes in accordance with the terms of those sections. If you opt-out of these arbitration provisions, we also will not be bound by them.
13.6 Exclusive Venue for Litigation. To the extent that the arbitration provisions set forth in section 13.2 do not apply, the parties agree that any litigation between them shall be filed exclusively in state or federal courts located in Los Angeles, California (except for small claims court actions which may be brought in the county where you reside). The parties expressly consent to exclusive jurisdiction in Los Angeles, California for any litigation other than small claims court actions.
13.7 Applicable Law. You agree that federal laws and the laws of the State of California, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern this agreement and any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you and The Recording Academy.
14. Warranty Disclaimer; Limitation on Liability
14.1 Disclaimer of Warranties
(a) ALL CONTRIBUTIONS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR ITEMS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE AND THE APPLICATIONS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE," WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND. BY OPERATING THE SITE AND PROVIDING THE APPLICATIONS, WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR IMPLY THAT WE ENDORSE ANY CONTRIBUTIONS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR ITEMS AVAILABLE ON OR LINKED TO BY THE SITE OR THE APPLICATIONS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONTENT HOSTED ON THIRD PARTY SITE, OR THAT WE BELIEVE CONTRIBUTIONS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR ITEMS TO BE ACCURATE, USEFUL OR NON-HARMFUL. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DO NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THE SITE OR THE APPLICATIONS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THE SITE OR THE APPLICATIONS SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE APPLICATIONS WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE AND EACH OF OUR ADVERTISERS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, INVESTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICE PROVIDERS AND OTHER CONTRACTORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AND THE APPLICATIONS AND YOUR USE THEREOF.
(b) WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE OR THE APPLICATION’S CONTENT, THE CONTENT OF ANY SITE LINKED TO THE SITE OR THE APPLICATIONS, CONTRIBUTIONS, INFORMATION OR ANY OTHER ITEMS OR MATERIALS ON THE SITE OR THE APPLICATIONS OR LINKED TO BY THE SITE. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY
(i) ERRORS, MISTAKES OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT AND MATERIALS;
(ii) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SITE OR SERVICES;
(iii) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN;
(iv) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE OR THE APPLICATIONS;
(v) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE OR THE APPLICATIONS BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR;
(vi) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE OR THE APPLICATIONS.
14.2. Limited Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE APPLICATIONS, CONTRIBUTIONS, MATERIALS OR ANY OTHER CONTENT THEREIN. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU IN RESPECT OF ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU AND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR FOR BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY OR IN ANY OTHER WAY SHALL NOT EXCEED $50.
14.3 Exceptions to Disclaimers and Liability Limitations. SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF YOU RESIDE IN ONE OF THESE STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS IN SECTIONS 14.1 AND 14.2 MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
15. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold us, our subsidiaries, affiliates, and licensors and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site, the Applications, Content or Materials in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above.
16. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Site and the Applications and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous understandings and agreements between you and us related to the subject matter hereof.
17. Independent Contractors. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create an agency, partnership, joint venture, employer-employee or franchisor-franchisee relationship of any kind between us and any user.
18. No Third Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement is between you and us. There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
19. Section Titles. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
20. Non-Waiver. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of the applicable right or provision.
21. Severability. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision or part of a provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
22. Assignment. We may assign our rights under this Agreement without your approval.
23. No Modifications by Our Employees. If any of our employees offer to modify the terms of this Agreement, he or she is not acting as an agent for us or speaking on our behalf. You may not rely, and should not act in reliance on, any statement or communication from our employees or anyone else purporting to act on our behalf.
24. Contact Information. If you have any questions about this Agreement or your account, you may contact us by email at BANotice@grammy.com and by postal mail at:
Attn: Ann Meckelborg
3030 Olympic Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
1. Children. The Site and the Applications are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or distribute personal information from or about children under the age of 13.
2. Information Collected by Us.
2.2 Information That We Automatically Collect Through the Site and the Applications. In addition to information that you directly and voluntarily provide to us, we may automatically collect information about you when you use the Site or the Applications. We may link information we gather automatically from you with information that we directly collect from you through the Site or the Applications. We automatically collect information from you in the following ways:
(a) Web Browsers. We automatically gather information about you that your web browser, depending on your settings, may make available to us. This information includes your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, operating system and browser type, and the locations of the web pages you view right before arriving at, while navigating and immediately after leaving the Site.
• Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
• Type of operating system
• Screen colors (color processing ability of the users screen)
• Flash version
• Screen resolution
• Network location and IP address
• Country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data
• Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
• Time of visit
• Pages visited
• Time spent on each page of the website
• Referring site statistics
• The website (URI) the user came through in order to arrive at the Site (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
• Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
The data collected by Google Analytics is primarily used to optimize the Site for our visitors, however we also use this data for marketing purposes. An example of how we use this data for marketing purposes is that we tell potential advertisers how many users visit the Site, where visitors come from, and how they arrive at the Site.
The data we automatically collect using Google Analytics is shared with Google. For more information on Google's Privacy Policies, visit: http://www.google.com/privacypolicy.html. You can also opt-out of having your information used by Google Analytics by following the instructions located at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We also use Google Analytics for Display Advertising and, specifically, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, on the Site to help us display advertising for products or services that we think may be of interest to you. We will use demographic information we collect through our use of Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting solely [for purposes of performing internal statistical analytics relating to the Site]. You can opt-out of receiving interest-based advertisements through the Site, as well as customize the types of advertisements that will be displayed to you through the Site, by following the instructions located at https://support.google.com/ads.
(c) Other Third Party Services. In addition to Google Analytics, we may use other third party services to automatically collect information from you. These third party services include the services provided by Allied Digital. The information automatically collected through the Site using the Allied Digital service is used solely for our internal analytic purposes and Allied Digital is not permitted to use this information for its own purposes.
(e) Web Beacons. A "Web Beacon" is an object that is embedded in a web page. It is usually invisible to you but allows us to check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email communication. We may place Web Beacons on pages of the Site and in emails we send to you. You may not decline Web Beacons.
(f) Mobile Devices. If you access the Site through a mobile device, we may also be able to identify the location of your mobile device. You may choose not to share your location details with us by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
(g) California Do Not Track Disclosures. Your browser may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the website that you visit. However, we will not disable tracking technology that may be active on the Site in response to any “do not track” requests that we receive from your browser.
4. Information You Share on the Site or through the Applications. Some portions of the Site and the Applications allow you to submit comments, reviews, ratings and other information which may be displayed on the Site or the Applications and viewed by others. We recommend that you do not post any information on the Site or the Applications that you do not want to make available to other users of the Site or the Applications or the public generally. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OF PRIVACY OR OTHER HARM RESULTING FROM information you post on the Site or the Applications.
5. Information You Share Through Social Media Services. If you post any comments, reviews, photos or other information on our Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest pages, we may display those comments, reviews, photos or information on the Site or the Applications. In addition, your use of these social media services may result in the collection or sharing of information about you by these social media services. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media services with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those social media services.
7. How We Use the Information We Collect. We use the information we gather through the Site and the Applications to help us better understand how the Site and the Applications are being used. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, we are able to better design the Site and the Applications to improve your experiences, both in terms of content and ease of use. We may also use this information to contact and communicate with you, including to send you information about products or services we think might of interest to you and to respond to your communications and requests.
8. How We Share Your Information with Third Parties. We will not disclose your information to third parties unless we obtain your permission to do so at the time we collect it, except as set forth below:
8.3 By Law or in Response to Subpoenas or Court Orders or to Protect Rights and to Comply with Our Policies. To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose your information to government authorities or third parties if: (a) required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order; (b) we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of us or other users, third parties or the public at large; or (c) we believe that you have abused the Site or the Applications by using them to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to any other system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
8.5 Marketing Communications. We will email you about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us, please follow the instructions contained in each email you receive from us describing how you can opt-out or receiving further marketing communications from us.
8.6 Aggregate Information. We may share information relating to users of the Site or the Applications with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an anonymous, aggregate basis. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
Attn: Ann Meckelborg
3030 Olympic Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
or by email BANotice@grammy.com