64th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Reggae Album
Live N Livin
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 64th GRAMMY Awards
"With everything that's thrown at you, whether it be problems at home, problems at work — whatever — basically, if you remain positive, you can see your way out of that."
- Born Sean Paul Ryan Francis Henriques on Jan. 9, 1973, in Kingston, Jamaica
- Sean Paul broke through with "Gimme The Light," the first single from his 2002 album, Dutty Rock, which peaked at No. 7 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Paul won his first GRAMMY for Best Reggae Album for Dutty Rock for 2003, the same year he was nominated for Best New Artist.
- Did you know? Like his father and grandfather, Paul is an able swimmer. He played on the Jamaican national water polo team from ages 13 to 21.
- In 2016 Paul donated $1 million to benefit the Bustamante Hospital for Children in Jamaica.