65th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Reggae Album
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 65th GRAMMY Awards
"With everything that's thrown at you, whether it be problems at home, problems at work — whatever — basically, if you remain positive, you can see your way out of that."
- Born Sean Paul Ryan Francis Henriques on Jan. 9, 1973, in Kingston, Jamaica
- Sean Paul broke through with "Gimme The Light," the first single from his 2002 album, Dutty Rock, which peaked at No. 7 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Paul won his first GRAMMY for Best Reggae Album for Dutty Rock for 2003, the same year he was nominated for Best New Artist.
- Did you know? Like his father and grandfather, Paul is an able swimmer. He played on the Jamaican national water polo team from ages 13 to 21.
- In 2016 Paul donated $1 million to benefit the Bustamante Hospital for Children in Jamaica.