65th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Country Song
If I Was A Cowboy
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 65th GRAMMY Awards
"I do write a lot from personal experience, but I also embellish a bit."
- Born Miranda Leigh Lambert on Nov. 10, 1983, in Longview, Texas
- Miranda Lambert's sophomore album, 2007's Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, reached No. 6 on the Billboard 200. In 2009 she scored her first Billboard Hot 100 Top 40 single with "White Liar" (No. 38).
- Lambert earned her first GRAMMY at the 53rd GRAMMY Awards, winning Best Female Country Vocal Performance for "The House That Built Me." That same year, she performed the song during her GRAMMY stage debut.
- Lambert is also a member of the country-rock group the Pistol Annies, with Ashley Monroe and Angaleena Presley.
- Lambert performed "Been To Canaan" as part of a medley with Martina McBride, Amy Grant and Jennifer Nettles at the 2014 MusiCares Person of the Year tribute honoring Carole King. The annual gala raises funds for MusiCares, which provides services and resources that cover a wide range of financial, medical and personal emergencies for music people.
- Along with her mother, Bev Lambert, Miranda Lambert co-founded the MuttNation Foundation in 2009. The organization is dedicated to ending animal cruelty, neglect and homelessness for dogs.