64th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best R&B Album
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 64th GRAMMY Awards
"My mother was a very religious person, so she didn't allow me to listen to secular music. While she was at work, I'd turn on the radio and sneak a listen that way. It was quite an education, quite an eye-opener."
- Born Leon Bridges on July 13, 1989, in Atlanta, Georgia
- Leon Bridges posted a demo of his song "Coming Home" on SoundCloud in late 2014, which attracted local airplay and eventually, the interest of several record labels. His debut album, Coming Home, reached No. 6 on the Billboard 200 in 2015.
- Bridges' Coming Home was nominated for Best R&B Album at the 58th GRAMMY Awards for 2015, followed by a nomination for 2016 for Best Music Video for "River."
- Bridges was the featured musical guest on "Saturday Night Live" in December 2015, performing "Smooth Sailin'" and "River" from his debut album.
- Bridges gave an intimate performance at the home of MusiCares Board member Dr. Scott Powell to support the organization's critical health and human services programs.
- In 2015 Bridges busked on the streets of Austin, Texas, to benefit the Kids Environmental Education Network Group as part of the Sidewalk Sessions project.