63rd Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 64th GRAMMY Awards
"There is more freedom confessing our weaknesses and shortcomings than in pretending we have it all together."
- Born Lecrae Devaughn Moore on Oct. 9, 1979, in Houston, Texas
- The Christian rap artist’s third solo album, 2008's Rebel, became the first Christian hip-hop album to reach No. 1 on the Billboard Gospel chart. An appearance on the 2011 BET Hip-Hop Awards brought him to mainstream attention.
- Lecrae's 2012 album Gravity won Best Gospel Album at the 55th GRAMMY Awards, marking the first time a hip-hop artist won the honors in that category.
- Did you know? Lecrae's seventh album, Anomaly, was the first album to top both the Billboard 200 and Gospel charts simultaneously. It debuted at No. 1 on both charts in 2014.
- Lecrae was a featured participant in GRAMMY Career Day, an initiative of GRAMMY in the Schools, at USC Thornton School of Music in February 2011
- Lecrae partnered with NBA all-star Dwyane Wade and Joshua DuBois in 2013 for the multimedia initiative This Is Fatherhood as part of the Obama administration's Fatherhood and Mentoring Initiative.