62nd Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Traditional R&B Performance
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 65th GRAMMY Nominations
"I choose to be authentic in everything I do."
- Born Oct. 3, 1975, Denver
- India.Arie released her first album, Acoustic Soul, in 2001. It received positive praise and debuted at No. 10 on the Billboard 200. Months after it received substantial airplay, thanks to singles such as "Video" and Brown Skin," it went on to earn a multiplatinum certification from the RIAA.
- Arie received her first seven GRAMMY nominations for 2001. She earned her first GRAMMY wins for 2002 for Best Urban/Alternative Performance for "Little Things," as well as Best R&B Album for Voyage To India. She made her GRAMMY stage debut at the 44th GRAMMY Awards in 2002 with a performance of "Video."
- Arie has also dabbled in acting. In 2009 she portrayed Nina Simone in a staged reading of the Broadway musical "Soul Doctor" at the Roundabout Theatre Company.
- The singer has supported a number of charities, including UNICEF. She's also performed charity concerts along with fellow musicians such as Stevie Wonder and Babyface. Many of her songs tackle issues such as Africa, AIDS and humanitarianism.
All GRAMMY Awards and Nominations for India.Arie
Get notified of exciting GRAMMY Award news and upcoming events!
Be the first to find out about GRAMMY nominees, winners, important news, and events