61st Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Rock Performance
Four Out Of Five
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 64th GRAMMY Awards
"Every time you write a song, you're looking for some sort of perfection, and you never quite reach it. You're always looking for that extra missing piece." — Alex Turner
- Band members: Jamie Cook, Matt Helders, Nick O'Malley, Alex Turner
- Formed 2002 in Sheffield, England
- The band's 2007 album, Favourite Worst Nightmare, became their first to break inside the Top 10 on the Billboard 200, peaking at No. 7.
- Arctic Monkeys received their first career GRAMMY nominations for 2006 for Best Alternative Music Album (Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not) and Best Rock Instrumental Performance ("Chun Li's Flying Bird Kick").
- Guitarist Jamie Cook once returned to his day job as a bathroom tiling contractor after a sold-out tour.
- Arctic Monkeys contributed a personalized elephant sculpture designed after the cover of their 2013 studio album, AM, to help raise funds for the Children's Hospital Charity in conjunction with the Sheffield Children’s Hospital.