57th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Metal Performance
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 65th GRAMMY Nominations
"I think the best riffs and the best songs come when you're jamming and having a good time." — Scott Ian
- Band members: Joey Belladonna, Frank Bello, Charlie Benante, Joe Donais, Scott Ian
- Formed 1981 in Queens, N.Y.
- Anthrax's first LP to break within the Top 40 was 1988's State Of Euphoria, which hit No. 30 on the Billboard 200. In 1991 the group scored crossover success with the single "Bring The Noise," a collaboration with Public Enemy that fused elements of thrash metal and rap.
- The group received their first GRAMMY nomination for 1990 for Persistence Of Time for Best Metal Performance.
- In 1992 Anthrax made a cameo appearance on the popular sitcom "Married With Children."
- In 2016 Anthrax played a special club show in Brooklyn, N.Y., with all proceeds going to Gilda's Club NYC, a charity founded in memory of comedian Gilda Radner dedicated to supporting, educating and empowering cancer patients and their families.
All GRAMMY Awards and Nominations for Anthrax
Get notified of exciting GRAMMY Award news and upcoming events!
Be the first to find out about GRAMMY nominees, winners, important news, and events