45th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal
Girls Of Summer
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 64th GRAMMY Awards
"The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those that got there first." — Steven Tyler
- Members: Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, Brad Whitford, Tom Hamilton, Joey Kramer
- Formed 1970 in Boston
- The band's 1973 eponymous debut album began a string of gold and platinum releases, and included the single "Dream On," which charted in the United States and Canada. A 1976 reissue of the song made it the band's biggest single of the decade.
- Aerosmith has won their career GRAMMYs for Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal four times between 1990 and 1998, for "Janie's Got A Gun," "Livin' On The Edge," "Crazy," and "Pink." The band made their GRAMMY stage debut at the 33rd GRAMMY Awards in 1991 performing "Come Together."
- Before settling on the name Aerosmith, the band also considered calling themselves Jack Daniels or Spike Jones.
- Tyler performed at a MusiCares MAP Fund benefit concert in 2008, and in 2009, he auctioned clothing and memorabilia to benefit the fund. The MusiCares MAP Fund provides addiction recovery treatment and sober living resources for members of the music community, regardless of their financial condition.
- Tyler is the founder of Janie's Fund, which partners with the nonprofit Youth Villages to aid abused and neglected girls.