Auction Offers More Than 150 Exclusive Items Including Signed Memorabilia, Buy-it-Now Steals, and VIP Experiences to Benefit MusiCares® and the GRAMMY Foundation®
WHAT: The GRAMMY® Charity Giving Tuesday Sale — a post-Thanksgiving auction featuring unique
experiences, including a GRAMMY Awards® ticket package and amazing celebrity autographed memorabilia starting at $30. Bid on unique gifts that give back—perfect for the music lover in your life. The auction launches on Nov. 29 and will continue through Dec. 9 via www.ebay.com/grammy. Presented in partnership with eBay for Charity and Matchfire, all proceeds raised through this special auction will benefit programs and services of the MusiCares and GRAMMY Foundations. Since 2002, GRAMMY Charity Online Auctions have raised more than $4.2 million on eBay for Charity.
This year, unparalleled VIP packages have been curated and donated from across all 12 Chapters of The Recording Academy®, including one-of-a-kind music industry experiences such as:
- 59th GRAMMY Awards platinum tickets, GRAMMY Celebration® after-party passes, and hotel accommodations for two (2)
- Two (2) VIP tickets to the Grand Ole Opry (Nashville, Tenn.) and meet-and-greet passes with GRAMMY winner Carrie Underwood
- Drum lesson and lunch with Big Star drummer Jody Stephens
- Songwriting sessions with GRAMMY-nominated producer John Alagia (John Mayer) and GRAMMY-winning producer Tim Mitchell (Shakira)
- Mentoring sessions with background vocalist Tracy Hamlin (Gloria Gaynor, Chaka Khan, Carlos Santana) and Aliya Crawford (Alicia Keys, Patti LaBelle, Usher)
- Studio sessions with GRAMMY-winning engineer Matt Ross-Spang (Jason Isbell), producer/engineer Jeff Powell (Danny Elfman), and GRAMMY-winning engineer/mixer Phil Nicolo (Bob Dylan)
- Guitar lessons with GRAMMY-winning engineer/mixer Dan Warner (Madonna), saxophone lessons with GRAMMY nominee Mindi Abair, and drum lessons with GRAMMY-winning engineer/mixer Lee Levin (Kelly Clarkson, P!nk)
- VIP concert experience with global superstar Yoshiki at Carnegie Hall (NYC) in January 2017 for two (2)
- Tickets and meet-and-greet passes for Warner Bros. Records artists Goo Goo Dolls, Linkin Park, Lukas Graham, Bebe Rexha, and the Head And The Heart
- Two (2) VIP tickets to one of GRAMMY winner Ziggy Marley's 2017 U.S. shows, meet-and-greet passes, and a Marley-themed gift basket
Featured items include:
- Gibson and Epiphone autographed guitars from GRAMMY nominees Roger Daltrey, Johnny Depp, Jane's Addiction, and Joan Jett, and GRAMMY winner Lenny Kravitz
- Roland instruments autographed by members of Echosmith and She Wants Revenge among others
- Shure microphones signed by GRAMMY winners Rihanna and Smokey Robinson, and GRAMMY nominee Brendon Urie (Panic! At The Disco)
- Music memorabilia autographed by Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Halsey, Magic Johnson, Kygo, Paul Simon, Barbra Streisand, and Taylor Swift
WHEN: The GRAMMY Charity Giving Tuesday Sale will launch Nov. 29 at 8 a.m. PT and run through Dec. 9
WHY: Proceeds from GRAMMY Charity Online Auctions provide essential support for the GRAMMY Foundation and MusiCares. Under the banner of GRAMMY in the Schools®, the GRAMMY Foundation produces a range of distinct education programs across the country throughout the year that serve high school students and their schools, including GRAMMY Camp®, GRAMMY Career Day, GRAMMY Camp — Jazz Session, and GRAMMY Signature Schools. In addition, the GRAMMY Foundation and The Recording Academy® have partnered to present an annual Music Educator Award™ to recognize the significant role of teachers in shaping their students' musical experiences. The GRAMMY Foundation also offers preservation and advancement initiatives, fosters dialogue about compelling issues facing the music industry, supports projects that increase the understanding of music and its role in society, and raises public awareness about the urgent need to preserve our nation's recorded sound legacy. These programs include the Entertainment Law Initiative®, the Grant Program with funding generously provided by The Recording Academy, the GRAMMY Living Histories program, and the GRAMMY Foundation Legacy Concert (formerly the Music Preservation Project).
MusiCares ensures that music people have a place to turn in times of financial, medical and personal need by providing programs and services, including emergency financial assistance, educational workshops, flu shots, hearing tests, and medical/dental screenings. The MusiCares MAP Fund® allows access to addiction recovery treatment and sober living resources for members of the music community. The Safe Harbor Room® program, weekly addiction support groups and the MusiCares Sober Touring Network provide ongoing recovery support.
The GRAMMY Foundation was established in 1988 to cultivate the understanding, appreciation, and advancement of the contribution of recorded music to American culture. The Foundation accomplishes this mission through programs and activities that engage the music industry and cultural community as well as the general public. The Foundation works in partnership year-round with its founder, The Recording Academy, to bring national attention to important issues such as the value and impact of music and arts education and the urgency of preserving our rich cultural heritage. In recognition of the significant role of teachers in shaping their students' musical experiences, The Recording Academy and the GRAMMY Foundation partnered to present their first Music Educator AwardTM in 2014. Open to current U.S. music teachers in kindergarten through college, the fourth annual Music Educator Award recipient will be recognized during GRAMMY Week 2017. For more information about the Music Educator Award, please visit www.grammymusicteacher.com. For more information about the Foundation, please visit www.grammyfoundation.org. For breaking news and exclusive content, please "like" GRAMMY in the Schools on Facebook, follow the GRAMMY Foundation on Twitter (@GRAMMYFdn) and join us on Instagram (@GRAMMYFdn).
Established in 1989 by The Recording Academy, MusiCares provides a safety net of critical assistance for music people in times of need. MusiCares' services and resources cover a wide range of financial, medical, and personal emergencies, and each case is treated with integrity and confidentiality. MusiCares also focuses the resources and attention of the music industry on human service issues that directly impact the health and welfare of the music community. For more information, please visit www.musicares.org. For breaking news and exclusive content, please "like" MusiCares on Facebook, and follow @MusiCares on Twitter and Instagram.
GRAMMY Online Charity Auctions are presented in partnership with Matchfire. Since 2001, Matchfire Auctions has executed over 700 high-profile Cause Marketing campaigns. These campaigns, launched globally to large and diverse communities on eBay and social networks, have built brand awareness and goodwill for over 400 of the world’s best known brands, celebrities, agencies, and charities. Matchfire Auctions campaigns have raised over $60 million for causes worldwide, attracted billions of impressions, and engaged millions of consumers in cause-driven transactions.For more information, please visit: www.MatchfireAuctions.com.
eBay for Charity is a platform that enables members of the eBay community to donate to causes in the U.S. and abroad. Sellers can donate anywhere between 10–100 percent of the proceeds and buyers can add a donation to their purchase during checkout. To date, more than $650 million dollars have been raised on eBay for Charity.
# # #
Christina Cassidy/GRAMMY Foundation/MusiCaresfirstname.lastname@example.org
Ana Serrato/GRAMMY Foundation/MusiCaresemail@example.com