The Recording Academy is seeking a Service Desk Analyst II to maintain, organize, modify, support The Recording Academy’s computer systems, and provide industry-leading customer service. The successful candidate will possess a comprehensive end-user support background that ties together cloud and on-premise technologies.
Intelligently curious, collaborative, driven, self-motivated, confident, a humble professional with the insatiable desire to learn new things and strives for excellence. Take responsibility and enjoy the reward of a job well done. You see the cloud as home and have worked with Office 365, OneLogin, Okta, Box, GoogleApps, etc. Always identifying opportunities to implement new processes and procedures. A passionate problem solver and an engineer at heart; you can’t hear about an issue without digging deep to find a solution. Keeping up with the latest tech, you are a tinker with technology even when you are off the clock.
The Service Desk Analyst II will be supporting applications and network systems to maintain a smooth operation of multi-user environments, including coordination with Systems/Network Administrators and Vendors. This position is part of the Information Technology department based in Santa Monica, CA and will report to the IT Service Manager. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide Service Desk support of IT services to include customer service, triage, problem solving and support tracking documentation of IT services to include requests related to mobile devices, desktop support, software installation, service provisioning, networking, application support and others.
- Able to manage assigned tasks, interact with internal and external customers, and clearly communicate status information.
- Serves as a contributor in proposing areas where standard desktop/laptop changes or process changes are needed and work with project teams to ensure system stability, reliability, and availability.
- Develops, tests, and implements scripts and other productivity tools in order to automate support and maintenance functions.
- Documents complex maintenance and troubleshooting documents for use by peers and end-users (KB's). Also mentors junior personnel in developing skills for routine maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Research, manage, and provide solutions to complex problems utilizing internal and external resources. 10%
- Provide resolution to IT support requests for Tier 1, including serving as an expert and department resource for the more complex problems
- Remotely provide end user support by remote assistance applications and over the phone.
- Implement, install, configure, monitor, troubleshoot and evaluate new and existing operations systems for PC, Mac, and servers.
- Active directory experience resetting passwords, creating users, GPO, managing security groups, and user terminations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to solicit ideas from others and provide constructive technical feedback.
- Skills in conveying knowledge to users, peers and management regarding
products and project plans.
- Experience with the use of an ITIL Service Management tracking tool such as Samanage.
- Skills in creating and maintaining user self-help documentation, technical
documentation and procedural documentation.
- Considerable up-to-date knowledge of computer and networking hardware and software
products along with their operation and maintenance.
- Considerable knowledge of networking concepts, protocols, Windows scripting, Active Directory, DNS and DHCP.
- Results driven, customer-centric thinking.
- Technologies may include, but not limited to:
- OSX | Windows 7, 10.
- Microsoft Applications (Office 365 ProPlus, O365, MS Suite of SaaS Apps)
- Microsoft Active Directory/Group Policy
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016.
- Basic understanding of LAN, WAN, TCP/IP networking concepts and configurations.
- Project Management SaaS Apps such as Asana, Smartsheet, and Project.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Shoretel VoIP telephone systems
- Firewall appliances such as Meraki
- Training or degree in computer science or relate study.
- 2 + years of related experience:
- 2+ years in Helpdesk/Service desk position
- 2+ years experience with mobile devices on a corporate network.
- 2+ years experience with Windows/Office
- 2+ years with LANs
- 1+ years of supporting mobile employees
- Certifications related to technical field is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Effective time management: Candidate must be able to correctly prioritize duties to keep up with shifting deadlines and be efficient in completing tasks both individually and as a member of our team.
- Flexibility with a schedule: In this industry, it is not uncommon for work to happen outside of normal business hours. Our ideal candidate must be willing to work overtime or a modified schedule.
- Have a valid California driver’s license and vehicle.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
No direct calls.