The Recording Academy – the organization behind the world-famous GRAMMY Awards – is seeking a Senior Product Manager to help drive the strategy, product definition, and overall delivery of the company’s expanding digital experience, specifically mobile apps, video, OTT, and other emerging platforms. The successful candidate has demonstrated experience in leading product initiatives from start-to-finish, developing product opportunities aligned to business and revenue goals, identifying market conditions and emerging trends, and managing multiple stakeholders and priorities.
Leading a multidisciplinary team, the Senior Product Manager will work with digital media leadership, business leads, design, and development to create products that fit The Recording Academy’s customer needs, producing documentation like product requirements, and managing process and deadlines to ensure successful delivery.
The Senior Product Manager must possess a broad base of skills and knowledge spanning digital technology, strategic and business planning, user experience design, engineering, and agile/lean software development practices. With an entrepreneurial eye to developing new products and revenue streams, this position will broker business priorities, timeframes, and complex relationships into real solutions.
- Develop product strategies and articulate vision through detailed product specifications for mobile apps, video, OTT, and web products, including feature lists, product requirements, user stories, flows and wireframes.
- Product ownership and project management throughout the product lifecycle from initial concept, scope, design, development, to final delivery and post-launch follow-up.
- Collaborate with developers on product development and validate technical design against product requirements.
- Work with Marketing to position, message, and launch products.
- Monitor and report on product KPIs.
- Own the user experience and feature set, and act as the product evangelist to build awareness within the organization.
- Provide subject matter expertise into product, technology, and market trends for the company’s digital product offering.
- Ensure products are in line with the overall digital strategy and support business goals.
- Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years digital media product management experience – conceptualizing, defining, and delivering products to targeted audiences.
- Specific experience with mobile app, video, OTT development.
- Informed decision making skills based on best practices, analytics, industry / technology trends.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of the software product development lifecycle, analytics, reporting, and usage tracking software.
- Proven track record of balancing multiple projects at once and delivery of projects successfully on time.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly detail oriented, strong technical intuition, organized and collaborative.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to set and manage expectations at an executive level and influence decision makers.
- Ability to manage time and schedules with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
Part of the Digital Media department based in Santa Monica, CA, this position reports to the Managing Director, Product Strategy & Development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No direct calls.