The Recording Academy – the organization behind the world-famous GRAMMY Awards – is seeking a Production Designer to create visual content and assets for its expanding digital experience across web, mobile, and video interactions.
The successful candidate possesses a deep working knowledge of the latest photography, illustration, and editing tools and techniques; an interest in digital design and consumption trends; and a proven ability to produce graphic elements within a fast-paced content production environment.
Your expertise ensures the Academy’s visual branding is consistently distilled into a living-and-breathing digital presence, establishing a focused look-and-feel across a variety of content types. You will work closely with editorial and videography teams to execute their projects, and pitch your own ideas for visual content. As Production Designer, you are responsible for creating graphic content for web and mobile deployment, and ensuring all visual assets meets brand guidelines. Specific duties include:
- Photography – Working with professional photographers or sourcing stock photography to create compelling photo stories and galleries. Deep familiarity with photo editing software and tools required, as you will be sizing photos for various platforms. Ability to take professional-grade photos a plus.
- Illustrations – Creating original and compiled illustrations to stand-alone or accompany editorial or video content, such as collages, lower thirds, icons, animations, etc.
- Informational Graphics – Collaborating with writers to produce informational content, including infographics, charts, graphs, and tables to stand-alone or accompany editorial and video content.
- GIFs & Memes – Designing these popular formats, often under “breaking news” situations.
This position is part of the Digital Media department based in Santa Monica, CA, and reports to the Managing Editor.
- 3-5 years’ experience in digital production design.
- Demonstrated implementation, maintenance, and use of design tools and technology, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, and Getty Images. Experience with Pro Tools, Premiere, and Final Cut Pro a plus.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality visual assets on tight deadlines; and to successfully juggle multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Exceptional organizational and collaborative skills.
- Grasp of digital media, social media, and content trends.
- SEO and SEM experience a plus.
- Advising on design technology and tools acquisition.
- Working with freelance designers and content producers.
- Managing budgets, as needed.
- Completing additional project-related duties as assigned.
- Ad hoc reporting as required.
- Knowledge of music industry or recording a plus.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No direct calls.