The Membership & Project Manager will identify new strategies and implement existing strategies for recruiting new members, retaining current members, and re-engaging terminated members in the Pacific Northwest region through targeted outreach and programming.
- Develop comprehensive annual membership outreach and programming schedule, budgets, and timeline proposals that are responsive to regional culture and the Academy’s goals and values.
- Develop precise membership goals and engagement strategies for each program and/or Chapter event.
- Produce detailed proposals for membership recruitment.
- Agree to and operate within event budgets.
- Develop and implement a multi-tiered strategic plan for new membership recruitment for Voting, Associate and Student members with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion of gender, ethnicity, genre, and age.
- Develop and implement a multi-tiered renewal and retention strategic plan for Voting, Associate, and Student members.
- Develop membership outreach list with the Chapter Board to recruit 3-5 voting members each and track recruitment efforts throughout the term
- Each month, provide a detailed Chapter membership recruitment report to Regional Director, and Member Services.
- Provide support for members and prospects during the Awards period. Assist artists and labels with the submission process and Voting members during the voting process as needed.
- Create and execute separate strategy for non-member winners and nominees during their complimentary one-year membership.
- Create outreach list and spreadsheet of potential members to serve on various craft and review committee’s to support the Awards process
- Create outreach list and schedule for local Awards review committee’s
- Provide support for the Chapter’s GRAMMY University program in its entirety.
- Together with the GRAMMY University representative, develop quarterly student membership strategies.
- Provide logistical support for all Chapter board meetings, committee meetings, events and programs. Including but not limited to: invitations, venue booking, catering, furniture and equipment rental, discussion outlines, speaker travel and accommodations, rider requests, A/V, and décor.
- Work in collaboration with the Marketing department to create engaging invitations and outreach materials for members via direct mail, email, and social media.
- Work in collaboration with Executive Director and Regional team to ensure growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3+ years of professional membership management experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs.
- Ability to display current knowledge of local and national music industry trends.
- Exhibit a strong interest in music, advocacy and the recording arts.
- Ability to maintain composure in high-stress, complex situations to ensure the smooth and efficient running of an event.
- Excellent decision making and communication skills with a positive and professional demeanor.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
No direct calls.