Celebrating music through the GRAMMY Awards® for nearly 60 years, The Recording Academy® continues its rich legacy and ongoing growth as the premier outlet for honoring achievements in the recording arts and supporting the music community.
Although we are best known for the GRAMMY Awards®, our reach goes well beyond Music’s Biggest Night®! The Recording Academy family includes the high-impact affiliates MusiCares® — our health and human services charity — The Latin Recording Academy®, the Latin GRAMMY Cultural Foundation®, and the GRAMMY Museum®.
Who we’re looking for:
The Membership Manager of the GRAMMY Museum works to develop and execute strategies that will facilitate ambitious growth of the Museum’s membership program. Responsibilities include oversight and implementation of the museum’s membership program including strategic planning and growth, member programs and services, donor cultivation and more.
The position is part of the Development Department, working closely with all development staff to further shared goals.
What you’ll do:
- Create and manage a comprehensive strategy for member renewal, retention, upgrades and acquisition.
- Devise a valuable benefit program for members
- Manage annual expense and revenue budgets for membership department
- Ensure membership database is updated and maintained
- Build relationships broadly between members and the Museum to encourage visitation and identify and develop prospective donors within membership
- Work closely with the Senior Coordinator, Annual Giving to create a pipeline from the membership base to the GRAMMY Museum’s annual giving, major giving, and planned giving programs
- Work with box office, retail and operations staff to assist with onsite member needs, including registration, renewal and relations
- Initiate and execute new membership programs based on research, trends, relationships with internal Museum departments and new opportunities with external vendors and organizations
- Assist in writing and editing of weekly membership e-blast
- Train and develop membership staff to meet membership revenue goals
- Collaborate with other staff to give input on creative marketing plans and to ensure membership marketing needs are met
- Work with all staff to ensure that members are processed and tracked accurately and staff is aware of all membership promotions.
- Establish and execute annual event schedules, budgets and workflow plans
Skills & experience toolbox:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3+ years of professional membership management experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs and fundraising database software
- Ability to display current knowledge of local and national music industry trends
- Exhibit a strong interest in music, advocacy and the recording arts
- Excellent decision making and communication skills with a positive and professional demeanor
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Physical demands for certain roles:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit for long periods of time, and work at a computer for long periods of time.
The employee will be required to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No direct calls.