Executive Assistant, Membership & Industry Relations will oversee all administrative duties and project coordination for the Vice President and execute other assigned responsibilities.
The Executive Assistant, Membership & Industry Relations coordinates Vice President’s:
- Calendars and Contacts – maintaining current information on all calendars, insure contact information is current; administrative duties
- Meetings – Scheduling, prep, collateral, minutes, follow-up, set-up
- Communication – Oversight of all communication, including written, email, phone, etc. within company and externally
- Expense Reports and Travel – monthly expense reports for VP, arrange travel
- Projects – Coordination and management of various department projects
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & CORE COMPETENCIES:
- RELATED EXPERIENCE: 3+ years of executive level administrative experience
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- COMPUTER PROFICENCY – Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other Microsoft applications. Expert in Outlook as there is complicated and extensive scheduling as well as meeting set-ups (e.g. teleconference, screenshare, webinar, etc,) and logistics
- GOVERNANCE – Communication with elected leaders including but not limited to Trustees, Committee Members and Board Members; meeting and travel set-up and logistics, coordinating schedules with elected leaders; expense reports for elected leaders
- GRACE UNDER PRESSURE: Is able to maintain composure in high-stress, complex situations to ensure the smooth and efficient running of an event; has excellent decision making skills, clear communication and delegation; fosters welcoming hospitality; great demeanor and phone etiquette; patience with challenging callers as well as internal and external stakeholders; Member and VIP management on phone
- ORGANIZATION/PRODUCTIVITY/TIME MANAGEMENT: Has excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Keeps information organized and accessible, works efficiently while managing workload. Prioritizes tasks appropriately and manages time well. Successfully establishes goals, deadlines, and procedures and manages multiple projects or objectives; can independently project solve
- ADAPTABILITY/FLEXIBILITY: Adapts well to change, is flexible and open-minded to new ideas, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- COMMUNICATION/INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, consistently demonstrates positive and professional demeanor, negotiates effectively
- TEAMWORK/DEPENDABILITY: Contributes to and helps team meet all team deadlines and goals, listens to others and values opinions, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere. Meets commitments, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements; resource for whole department as well as other departments within the company
- LEADERSHIP/CONFLICT MANAGEMENT/DECISION MAKING: Successfully motivates and encourages others, makes difficult decisions when needed, builds consensus amongst teammates. Anticipates and diffuses conflict before it starts, finds causes of and solutions to problems. Recognizes and breaks down problems into smaller components, seeks to understand underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues
- INITIATIVE/MANAGING UP: Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities and generates new ideas, acts on opportunities, practices self-development. Proactively approaches supervisor to ensure goals and objectives are on track and being met, presents problems and potential solutions.
- INTEGRITY/ETHICS: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, supports company values and maintains confidentiality at all times. A single breach of confidentiality is grounds for termination.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit for long periods of time, and work at a computer for long periods of time. The employee will be required to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Music is allowed throughout the offices and may be a noise factor.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No direct calls.