The Recording Academy is seeking a qualified Accounts Payable Supervisor. The primary function of this position is to supervise the Accounts Payable Department with a staff of two Accounting Coordinators, servicing the following companies: The Recording Academy, NARAS Properties, and the GRAMMY Fund for Music Creators.
Essential Accounting Functions & Responsibilities:
- Supervision of Accounts Payable staff.
- Responsible for month-end closing of Accounts Payable for all companies.
- Review and posting of Accounts Payable transactions.
- Monitor and respond to City National Bank Positive Pay exceptions.
- Research and reconcile general ledger accounts monthly.
- Prepare and/or reviews monthly journal entries.
- Review and process all P-card transactions and expense reports and prepares related monthly journal entries.
- Assist with annual audit and 990 schedules.
- Maintain and file Sales Tax for all entities, where applicable.
- Participate in budget preparation for Annual Trustees Meeting.
- Development and implementation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide training for Accounts Payable staff.
- Participate in various events, programs and special projects within companies as needed.
- 1099 Reporting.
Additional Responsibilities and Functions:
- Supervisory responsibilities of two (2) full-time Accounting Coordinators.
Professional and Technical Qualifications, include:
- Four year college degree in Accounting or related business field strongly preferred.
- Understanding of the non-profit sector, including Fund Accounting.
- Proficiency in MS Office with high-level knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of The Financial Edge or similar accounting systems preferred.
Ideal Professional and Personal Characteristics and Qualifications, include:
- Eagerness to take initiative
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts with accuracy.
- Attention to detail with solid grammar and punctuation skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure of tight deadlines.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all personnel in a professional manner.
- This job is located at The Recording Academy’s HQ offices in Santa Monica, CA
- Normal business hours are 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. PDT or 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. PDT
Please email your resume & cover letter to: email@example.com
No direct calls.