Presented by the Mobile Entertainment Forum, MEFCON is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for professionals operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology. MEFCON breaks the mold of industry conferences through interactive sessions and one-on-one interviews with leaders and visionaries in the mobile entertainment industry.
Taking place May 28–29 at the Marina del Rey Marriott, conference highlights will include:
- Fake Steve Jobs' Fake Corporate Keynote
- Keynote: Filmmaker L.M. Kit Carson (Paris, Texas; Bottle Rocket) on his mobile documentary "Africa Diary"
- MEFCON Debate Club, a formal academic-style debate on ad-funded mobile entertainment
- Mobile at the Apollo, a mobile innovation showcase
- Panels on mobile music, video, games and user experience
- Harbor Cruise, a May 28 yacht cocktail reception open to all conference attendees
At MEFCON, film, music and TV executives, carriers, handset manufacturers, game developers, application creators, content aggregators and analysts will take a look into where mobile entertainment is headed. Rather than merely sitting around in conference rooms talking about "user experience," MEFCON invites attendees to actually have one.
Recording Academy members are eligible for a special discounted registration rate of $675. Enter NARAS675 in the Discount Code box when registering.