Please join MusiCares and Hulu on March 19th at 3:30 PT for an hour and a half, moderated panel discussion about mental wellness and the music community. “THE UNITED STATES VS. BILLIE HOLIDAY: MENTAL WELLNESS AND THE MUSIC COMMUNITY” will feature a dynamic panel of powerhouse music industry professionals alongside a mental health expert. Topics of conversation include the biopic and the current impact of the industry on artists’ mental wellness.
- MILES ADCOX (MODERATOR) – Miles Adcox is a speaker, podcast host, business leader, and coach. He is the Owner and CEO of Onsite, an internationally-known emotional wellness lifestyle brand that delivers life-changing personal growth workshops, inspiring content, leadership retreats, and emotional treatment.
- ANDRA DAY – A three-time GRAMMY nominated artist and award winning actress, Andra Day appears as music and civil rights icon Billie Holiday in the biopic The United States vs. Billie Holiday. Day won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama and is currently nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress for her portrayal of Holiday.
- KELLY PRICE – Nine-time GRAMMY nominee Kelly Price is a singer, songwriter, producer, and philanthropist, whose voice has been compared to the late, great Aretha Franklin. Throughout her career, Price has collaborated with the likes of Mariah Carey, George Michael, Elton John, Whitney Houston, Eric Clapton, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Bonnie Raitt, and many more. She is currently a series regular on the critically acclaimed drama, American Soul, as well as a judge for Sunday’s Best.
- MICHELLE WILLIAMS – Michelle Williams is a GRAMMY Award-winning, singer/songwriter, actress, entrepreneur, designer, television host and member of one of the most successful recording groups of all time, Destiny’s Child. She has also recorded four critically-acclaimed albums as a solo artist. An advocate for mental health and empowerment, Williams is an ambassador for the Office on Women's Health, a division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, where she promotes awareness for maintaining optimum physical and mental health through nutrition, exercise, and proper medical care.
- LZZY HALE – Lzzy Hale is the GRAMMY-Award winning lead singer and rhythm guitarist of hard rock band Halestorm, which she co-founded with her brother Arejay Hale in 1997. Following Halestorm’s GRAMMY win in 2012 for Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance for "Love Bites (So Do I)," she made history as the first female to earn a GRAMMY in this category. Halestorm is also known for its rigorous touring schedule and often performs around 250 shows per year.