MusiCares, in collaboration with Smile Programs…the mobile dentists and the Central Virginia Health Alliance for Musicians, will sponsor a free dental clinic for music professionals in the VA area. Eligible music professionals will receive a complete dental exam, bitewing X-rays and dental cleaning free of charge. All appointments must be scheduled in advance. To qualify participants must document at least five years professional experience in the music industry. For more information and to apply, call MusiCares at 877.303.6962.
Free Dental Clinic In Charlottesville, Va.
MusiCares will host a Safe Harbor Room during the XIII Annual Latin GRAMMY Awards on Nov. 13–14 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The Safe Harbor Room will feature 12-step support meetings, fellowship and more, and is open to anyone working during the Latin GRAMMY Awards show, including artists, staff and crew involved in the telecast. The room will be held in suite D from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 310.994.3333.
MusiCares is proud to introduce an ongoing series of Healthy Essentials presentations featuring topics selected to help performing artists and other music professionals maximize their personal and career potential. If you will be in the Los Angeles area on Nov. 14, please join us for Rapid Rockstar Repair: Drug-Free Options For High Octane Performance. The event will be presented by Dr. Grace Hameister, D.C.
Topics covered will include:
- How inflammation affects the body before and after performance
- What chemical and natural stimulants increase inflammation in the body, and how to avoid them
- Nutrients that deplete most while performing, and best ones to take to replenish and repair between shows (and workouts)
- Whole-food high-nutrient eating to make every cell in the body work better
- Inflammation control and immune system boosting on the road — how to look for and find foods that will heal
- Natural alternatives to pain management and immune system support, rather than addictive pain meds (muscle testing hands-on included here)
- Instrument-specific (bass, drums, keys, horns, etc.) repetitive stress injuries and how to diminish, and avoid them by working and stretching antagonist muscles
Guests are welcome and parking will be validated. To RSVP, call 800.687.4227.
MusiCares, in collaboration with Smile Programs…the mobile dentists, will sponsor a free dental clinic for music professionals in the Philadelphia area. Eligible music professionals will receive a complete dental exam, bitewing X-rays and dental cleaning free of charge. All appointments must be scheduled in advance. To qualify participants must document at least five years professional music industry experience. For more information and to apply, call MusiCares at 877.303.6962.
Dr. Pacita Franco, DDS, will provide comprehensive dental exams, including teeth cleanings and X-rays, to uninsured music professionals in need of dental treatment on Nov. 21. Services will be provided free of charge to pre-screened, pre-approved music professionals. Appointments will be assigned on a first-come basis upon establishing eligibility. For more information, please call 800.687.4227, or submit your RSVP online.