The Recording Academy, leading personalized radio service Pandora and PepsiCo Inc. today announced an original content video series showcasing the 54th GRAMMY Best New Artist nominees. Newly created Pandora GRAMMY genre stations have been created in conjunction with the series, designed to help music fans celebrate and capture the excitement around the 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards. The video series can be found at www.pandora.com/pepsigrammyvideo and the GRAMMY genre stations are accessible at www.pandora/genres/grammys.
The Best New Artist video series includes exclusive interviews with the Band Perry, Bon Iver, J. Cole, Nicki Minaj, and Skrillex. During the interviews, the artists discuss the evolution of their careers, share their excitement surrounding their Best New Artist nomination and describe their anticipation for Music's Biggest Night.
The GRAMMY genre stations are based on official GRAMMY categories, ranging from country to comedy, and spotlight current and past GRAMMY-nominated artists. The new GRAMMY genre stations include:
- GRAMMY Country: featuring artists such as Toby Keith, Lady Antebellum, Blake Shelton, and Carrie Underwood
- GRAMMY Pop and Dance: featuring artists such as Adele, Black Eyed Peas, Coldplay, and Maroon 5
- GRAMMY Rock and Alternative: featuring artists such as the Black Keys, Paul McCartney, Mumford & Sons, and Red Hot Chili Peppers
- GRAMMY Rap: featuring artists such as Drake, 50 Cent, Nicki Minaj, and Kanye West
- GRAMMY R&B: featuring artists such as Beyoncé, Chris Brown, Jennifer Hudson, and John Legend
- GRAMMY Gospel and Contemporary Christian Music: featuring artists such as Kirk Franklin, Brandon Heath, Mary Mary, and Matthew West
- GRAMMY Latin: featuring artists such as Calle 13, Intocable, Los Tigres Del Norte, and Wisin Y Yandel
- GRAMMY Jazz: featuring artists such as Karrin Allyson, Herbie Hancock, Sonny Rollins, and Yellowjackets
- GRAMMY World and Reggae: featuring artists such as Gilberto Gil, Femi Kuti, Ziggy Marley, and Shaggy
- GRAMMY American Roots Music: featuring artists such as the Civil Wars, Emmylou Harris, Keb' Mo', and Ricky Skaggs
- GRAMMY Classical: featuring members from the London Philharmonic Orchestra and Metropolitan Opera, Paul Ruders, and Yo-Yo Ma
- GRAMMY Comedy: featuring artists such as Lewis Black, Louis C.K., Flight Of The Conchords, and "Weird Al" Yankovic.
"To commemorate the excitement for Music's Biggest Night with the launch of a dozen GRAMMY genre stations and the first-ever Best New Artist video series is exciting," said Evan Greene, Chief Marketing Officer, The Recording Academy. "We were pleased to extend this innovative program to Pandora users through our partnership with Pepsi."
"We're excited to celebrate this year's GRAMMY Awards by giving Pandora listeners access to their favorite GRAMMY-nominated artists and helping them discover great new music through our GRAMMY genre stations," said Pandora Chief Marketing Officer Simon Fleming-Wood.
"The excitement surrounding the red-hot Best New Artist nominees is not only soaring, but also celebrates new artists that are both refreshing and innovative in spirit," said Tom Moradpour, senior director, Pepsi. "Pepsi is thrilled to help create unforgettable music experiences for fans at this year's GRAMMY awards and will continue to harness the power of music and entertainment."
The partnership also offers music fans a GRAMMY mixtape, which can be found at www.pandora.com/pepsigrammymusic and includes songs from nominees and newcomers in various 54th GRAMMY Awards categories.
The 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards will take place live on Sunday, Feb. 12 at Staples Center in Los Angeles and will be broadcast in high definition and 5.1 surround sound on the CBS Television Network from 8–11:30 p.m. (ET/PT). The show also will be supported on radio worldwide via Westwood One/Dial Global, and covered online at GRAMMY.com and CBS.com, and on YouTube.
Follow GRAMMY.com for our inside look at GRAMMY news, blogs, photos, videos, and of course nominees. Stay up to the minute with GRAMMY Live. Check out the GRAMMY legacy with GRAMMY Rewind. Explore this year's GRAMMY Fields. Or check out the collaborations at Re:Generation, presented by Hyundai Veloster. And join the conversation at Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.