Keith Urban, K-Pop, Women In Music: Go Behind The Scenes At SXSW 2018
Monday, March 19
- What's SXSW all about for the artists who perform at the festival? We're glad you asked because that's exactly the question we posed to 11 artists at this year's festival. From Dorothy to Brandy Clark and Grupo Fantasma, find out what they had to say.
- Post-SXSW syndrome getting you down? From Keith Urban and T.I.'s standout sets to Rubén Blades' documentary and much more, we've rounded up seven of the festival's top moments.
Sunday, March 18
- "I do it so women can know anything a man can do, we can do just as well, if not 10 times better," said GRAMMY-nominated rapper Rapsody during SXSW. From standout showcases to thought-provoking panels, and spanning artists from Rapsody to Pussy Riot, we rounded up five ways how the Austin, Texas, festival put women in music front and center.
- There was a ton of amazing music filling Austin this weekend at SXSW. From innovative electronic pop sounds to soulful blues and one-of-a-kind voices, we rouned up 7 on-the-rise artists we heard at SXSW who you should keep on your radar.
- When you need a little vintage charm, take a stroll through Austin, Texas' South Congress neighborhood, "old downtown." Nestled just south of Lady Bird Lake, the area boasts boutiques, eateries, galleries, and music venues that will take you back in time. We captured South Congress in action during SXSW 2018, giving you just a taste of the best Austin has to offer.
Saturday, March 17
- It's "a lot different" according to some natives. Get a taste of what makes Rainey Street a consistent top attraction in Austin, Texas, not only at SXSW but year-round.
- There was a fresh breeze of kindness at SXSW this year, and four-piece female band the Mrs was a big reason why. We had a front-row seat for the group's Kindnesspalooza Music Fest and learned how drummer Andra Liemandt and her bandmates are all about playing music, being kind and giving back to the world.
- Millions of viewers tune into singing competition shows such as "The Voice, "America's Got Talent" and "American Idol." But what is life really like after the cameras turn off and the show moves on to the next season, especially if a contestant doesn't win? We got a little insight thanks to the panel Now What? Life After Reality TV Singing Shows, featuring former singing compeition contestants Blake Lewis, Cas Haley and Nakia.
Friday, March 16
- Talk about an amazing conversation! Go inside Keith Urban's SXSW keynote discussion during which the GRAMMY winner touched upon his musical upbringing, sobriety to his new album, Graffiti U.
— SXSW (@sxsw) March 16, 2018
- At SXSW 2018, 6th Street once again shines as the "classic" epicenter of the city's incomparable live music offerings, coming alive with street performances, makeshift stages, packed venues, bustling bars, and music of all genres. Get a closer look at what makes 6th Street a destination for musicians and music fans alike.
Thursday, March 15
- What could be better than great music, food, drinks, and the chance to mingle with creatives from across the music industry on a warm night under the Texas stars? For hundreds of Recording Academy Texas Chapter members and their guests, the annual Texas Chapter Block Party presented just this opportunity. Take a lookg inside the event for yourself and find out what attendees had to say about the networking, SXSW, and the night's live music courtesy of R&B singer Mélat, country singer/songwriter Brandy Clark and Latin funk collective Grupo Fantasma.
- If you've been hesitant to get onboard the K-pop revolution express, now is the time to commit. The latest proof was offered in the form of SXSW 2018's panel How K-Pop Grew Beyond Niche, which illuminated why K-pop is such a revolutionary modern genre, with help from a very special guest: BM from K-pop group Kard. Go inside the panel with our exclusive coverage.
- Neil Young and Daryl Hannah premiered their new experimental western film called Paradox before a packed house at Austin's Paramount Theatre during SXSW. "We made this in the spirit of lighthearted fun," Hannah announced before the screening, "So we hope you can relax your brains." Open up your mind and check out the full story.