Follow The GRAMMYs Like A Rock Star
It's GRAMMY Week, and it's only fitting that we share with you the best ways to follow GRAMMY news as it happens. The Recording Academy has really stepped up their tech game from last year's social media efforts. With Music's Biggest Night only a couple of days away, here's a list of ways you can find the latest and exclusive updates about the 53rd Annual GRAMMY Awards:
- Twitter is the best place to get the latest information and announcements about GRAMMY Week happenings. You won't want to miss @theGRAMMYs Twitter stream on the Sunday night, as they'll be backstage bringing you exclusive insight on the show, nominees, performers, and winners. @theGRAMMYs has also curated several Twitter lists you can follow, including GRAMMY performers and nominees.
- Tumblr has grown significantly as a destination where you can find details on The Recording Academy's social media efforts in a longer format than Twitter. The Academy takes the time to interact with music fans and provides you with more insider info.
- Instagr.am is the latest social media favorite, and The Recording Academy has joined the fun with the rest of us early adopters. Search for "the GRAMMYs" on Instagr.am, and you'll find enhanced mobile phone pics from The Recording Academy's headquarters, and on location at various GRAMMY Week events. You never know who will show up on the GRAMMY Instagr.am stream.
- GRAMMY Live & YouTube: GRAMMY Live continues into its second year, and will provide an expanded menu of 24-hour content (live and pre-recorded) starting Friday afternoon and continuing through Sunday night. This year you can watch the live stream on the GRAMMYs YouTube channel, as well as on GRAMMY.com, where you can also view a GRAMMY Live schedule.
- GRAMMY Community Blog Program: Besides writing content for GRAMMY.com, the GRAMMY Community Bloggers will be blogging about their experiences during GRAMMY Week. Make sure to read all about it: Miss Music Nerd (Classical), Meesa (Country), Baron (Americana/Folk), Will (Gospel), Donna M (Jazz), Arjan (Pop/Dance), Butta (R&B), Fave (Rap), Jamie (Rock), and Liz (Tech).
- Facebook — you're probably on Facebook anyway, so why not click over to the GRAMMYs' page? Catch up on the latest from The Recording Academy, and share info with your Facebook friends.
Once again, make sure you check out the MusicMapper app, which integrates Foursquare, Flickr and Rdio data and allows you to map your musical journey by tagging your music memories on a map. The app has been upgraded since my previous entry. Check out the new features and get tagging!